Rudy Tafoya 358/D
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Norm
Assistant Historian

160 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  23:48:25  Show Profile
Reta Mullen of West Des Moines, Iowa, widow of Harry Mullen 358/D, notified me of the passing of Rudy Tafoya, 358 D/1st Platoon on February 15, 2012.

Rudy served with my father in Co.D and was one of the last original members of Co.D. He was seriously wounded in 1945, but recovered to lead a fulfilling life , first as a miner in his native Colorado and eventually as a postal employee in Penscacola, Fl.

It was my pleasure to meet Rudy and his wife Mae in 1999 and attend a Florida Marlins game with them in 2000.

Rest in peace Rudy. God Bless you for your service and sacrifice.

Norm Richards

Norm
Assistant Historian

160 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  09:42:54  Show Profile
I tried to edit the previous post on Rudy but wasn't allowed to for some reason...Correction....Rudy was from Pompano Beach, Florida, not Pensacola...my apologies.

He lived in Boynton Beach, Fl. when he passed.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

Vincent
Contributor Par Excellance

France
185 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  12:09:16  Show Profile

Dear Norm,

This is a sad new for you and all Tough Ombres.... R.I.P Rudy. God bless him and all his family. Thank you Rudy for all you had done to freed Europe.

Here is obturary : http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Rudolph-Tafoya&lc=7097&pid=155890017&mid=4997511

Do you have a picture of him ? i would like write a post on him in my website.

These last days we have learn many death of WWII veterans... this is a very bad moment.

Take care,

Vincent

http://mayenne-ww2.forumactif.net/forum.htm
Member of the 90th ID Association
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
90th Division Association, Inc. © 2013 90th Division Association - first posting 8/26/2004 Go To Top Of Page