Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jeffwill
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  15:59:39  Show Profile  Visit jeffwill's Homepage
My Father passed away in 2002; He was part of the 357th E Company from Utah Beach all the way thru to VE Day. If anyone remembers him from the war or from any of the reunions please contact me. Thanks

Clyde
Assist Historian

184 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  19:57:16  Show Profile
Jeff - Hello, this is Norm Richards, Asst. Historian of the 90th Div. Assoc.
I tried to locate your father on morning reports from June 8, 1944 until Jan. 31, 1945 within Co. E without success.
He also doesn't appear on the Bronze Arrowhead Award listing for men that landed with Co. E on June 8th at Utah Beach and isn't listed on the Co. E picture taken at Ft. Dix in Feb. '44, just before they left for England.
Do you have any other documents to show your father's time with Co.E (discharge paper would help)?
God bless your father for his service and sacrifice.
Regards,
Norm
( Son of Clyde Richards 358/D)

Norm Richards, Assistant Historian 90th Division Asociation
Go to Top of Page

jeffwill
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  21:10:42  Show Profile  Visit jeffwill's Homepage
Norm
Thanks for the info. The information I had regarding the 357E was from a posting on this web site regarding my Father passing away. He was in the Tough Ombres but I do not know what group or company after that. He did attend a few T.O. reunions later in his life and also attended the 50 year reunion in France. If you can find any info that would help me I would greatly apprieciate your help.
Thanks and God Best America!
Jeff Will
Go to Top of Page

Clyde
Assist Historian

184 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2009 :  10:25:26  Show Profile
Jeff - Do you know who sent the information to the forum regarding his passing? Do any of your family members have his memorabilia from the war?
I did find him on the 2000 90th Association roster, but his unit is only listed as "357".

Norm

Norm Richards, Assistant Historian 90th Division Asociation
Go to Top of Page

jeffwill
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  13:38:16  Show Profile  Visit jeffwill's Homepage
Re: Clarence Will, my father; He was in the 357th, I guess that I have to find out what company, right? I will dig thru his records, etc I see what I can find. I do have all of his patches and medals but he was in the Korean War as well and it's a little confusing. If you have any suggestions to help me in this quest, please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Jeff Will
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
90th Division Association, Inc. © 2013 90th Division Association - first posting 8/26/2004 Go To Top Of Page