WWII Mementos
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnT
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  02:13:55  Show Profile
In the "New 358th Infantry" forum on this board dfoye posted information for the Distinctive Unit "Perigamus" insignia. I'd like to thank him for that information.

My Father recently died and he was a member of "Company I, 358th Reg" during WWII. While going through his things I found 3 of these "shields" in his war mementos box. I had no idea of what they were and can't remember him ever saying.... now I know a part of what they were, at least.

I also found a thing that looks like an epaulet, or shoulder board, that has a button holein it and what looks like a medical insignia (the staff and snake symbol). I am not sure what that is or whether it has anything to do with the 90th or not. He also has a diamond shaped patch that looks like it has a gold circle with an eagle inside the circle. The final thing I see is a medal on a ribbon. The ribbon is solid green, sort of an Irish green color. The medal has no words on it but it has 8 points on it. I can't make out the insignia in the center of the medal.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
90th Division Association, Inc. © 2013 90th Division Association - first posting 8/26/2004 Go To Top Of Page