Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bryant1952
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  21:19:09  Show Profile
I just received a book my Uncle wrote in 1998 about his service in the 357 Infantry Company "L" in WWII and can I say that I have never been so proud to be a Bryan and proud to be American. My Uncle Paul received the Purple Heart for injuries he received in battle and also received the Bronze Star Medal. He fondly recalls in his book a Pvt. Rodriguez that received 8 Purple Hearts during his duty. If anyone knows how to contact Rodriguez or any other one that served with my uncle it would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by - bryant1952 on 01/27/2006 18:46:07

kouts15
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  12:30:21  Show Profile
My uncle served in Company L and was KIA on 11-13-44. I would like information on the book written by your uncle and how I might go about obtaining a copy. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

cmclark
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  21:35:28  Show Profile
my brother was kia on 11-10-1944.he was in the 357th company m 3rd battalion. I would also like the info on the book written by your uncle. thanks much. cmclark@carolina.net
Go to Top of Page

Tristan
Contributor Par Excellance

France
253 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  06:31:24  Show Profile
Hi
I'm also interesse by the book of your uncle.
Especially, the passages on the Battle of Normandy ( June - July - August 1944 ).
Please contact me, ;)

Regards

Tristan

French student ; member of the 90th Div. Association.
Go to Top of Page

dean griffith
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  17:50:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bryant1952

I just received a book my Uncle wrote in 1998 about his service in the 357 Infantry Company "L" in WWII and can I say that I have never been so proud to be a Bryan and proud to be American. My Uncle Paul received the Purple Heart for injuries he received in battle and also received the Bronze Star Medal. He fondly recalls in his book a Pvt. Rodriguez that received 8 Purple Hearts during his duty. If anyone knows how to contact Rodriguez or any other one that served with my uncle it would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

dean griffith
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  17:53:48  Show Profile
My name is Dean Griffith. my uncle was Burl rankin griffith and he was in co.L, 357th regiment in WWII. He was killed 7/7/44. he is buried in national cem. in France. i am looking for any info on him, co. L and or a book on the 357 in WWII, can anyone help me?
thanks dean griffith
Go to Top of Page

addison
Assistant Historian 90th Division Association

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  16:42:05  Show Profile
Dean - Are you related to Chuck Griffith? Chuck has quite an array of information and he will be going on the June, 2008 tour with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly anytime at <nrichards2@juno.com>

Regards,
Norm Richards
Asst. Historian 90th Div. Assoc.

Norm Richards (son of Clyde Richards 358/Co. D)
Go to Top of Page

dean griffith
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  20:04:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by addison

Dean - Are you related to Chuck Griffith? Chuck has quite an array of information and he will be going on the June, 2008 tour with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly anytime at <nrichards2@juno.com>

Regards,
Norm Richards
Asst. Historian 90th Div. Assoc.

Go to Top of Page

dean griffith
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  20:08:27  Show Profile
yes, i am chuck's first cousin. chuck was just on the phone tonight talking about his trip to france and his planned return trip. chuck is a great guy and one of the ones in the family i have gotten a lot of help and info from. i was seeing what i could come up with to help. you must be the guy chuck was talking about. is there any books on the 357th during WWII? i would like to read more on my uncles regiment.
thanks
dean griffith
3225 ball creek rd.
huntingdon, tn. 38344
Go to Top of Page

dfoye
admin

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  19:16:07  Show Profile
check out our online library in the main site:

http://www.90thdivisionassoc.org/90thDivisionFolders/mervinbooks/library.htm

Member US Army Security Agency 1967-71

My father served in the 357th E Company.
Go to Top of Page

Lyndavanh
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  16:35:29  Show Profile
Hi i'm new to this forum and am also interested in any books related to "L"357th ,my father Wilmer P. Rebideau was a part of this infantry and I'm trying to read any info on it that I can find , My father passed away when I was 13 years old from a stroke at the VA in White River ,Vt,July 13th , 1972.He used to tell us about his tour to a limited extent and this was when I was 7 or 8 so ofcourse it didn't mean alot and I don't remember alot of it .I did talk to a very nice lady from the VA admin that told me that my father was in "L" Co 357th and that he left the US on Dec 23,1943 and arrived eamet Dec.31st ,1943 she gave me his service # ,he was a Pvt.his enlistment date and place (Rutland .Vt ) and she told me that we should be very proud of his service but that's all that she could give me .Not looking for specific info on him personally ,just want to read about his experience and I am very proud of his service as I am proud and thankful to any soldier that has and is serving to protect our country , rights and freedom ,Is there a name for the book mentioned on here?

Lynda vanHal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
90th Division Association, Inc. © 2013 90th Division Association - first posting 8/26/2004 Go To Top Of Page